-review- Smokeless Fire by Samantha Young

-As she stopped before him, he tilted his head back and the corner of his mouth quirked up. A flash of emotion sparked in his eyes transforming him from cute guy next door to sexy and dangerous 'anything is possible with me' guy.-



Why In the heavens did I EVER put this book on hold?!


I'm in love, I'm terrified and I'm completely enthralled with this story!
This is the first Jinn(Genie) book I have ever read in my entire life.


I'm so happy to have finally finished it!
Ari is so completely broken in the beginning I found myself completely in love with her character. We watch her develop and transform in this strong yet vulnerable girl, who after learning who she really is, is faced with decisions she would have never even considered before!
Jai is one sexy hecks of a Jinn...completely mysterious and dark and just HOT...quite literally.


"Uh...why is there a half-naked hot guy in my living room?"


The story takes you to a world both cold and hot, strange yet familiar(to Jinn), awesome but terrifying. With turns and twists that I had never seen coming. Fast-paced and funny. I couldn't help but quirk a smile every time Jai did, shiver when The Red King appeared, numb out when The White King was in a scene and be angry when Charlie was being, well, Charlie.


When Ari has to decide between life as she knows it or saving the life of the one and only person that seems to be her constant and whom she loves more than her own life in the world... 
When choosing is losing...
When losing is hurting...
When hurting is leaving...
When leaving is accepting...
And,
When accepting doesn't seem real...
Ari is strong, unsure and with baby steps at the beginning but feeling surer and more capable with each passing day. 
Jinn are wicked, cold and, awesome all at the same time!
Samantha's writing still has me guessing...Who is REALLY the bad guy? Who can Ari and I trust? Is Jai lying? Is Charlie true? Is Ari simply...just...a tool?
Samantha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This book is AMAZING!! I cannot wait to read what happens next!


"Good or evil?"
If it was possible his dark eyes seemed to grow even blacker. "Why are humans so obsessed with that distinction?"



-Again, my weakness was reached by Samantha when the tittle of the book appeared in the story itself...that makes it all the better and AMAZING!-


Read this book if you haven't! And if you have...WHY haven't you gushed to me about the awesomeness of it?


I give this book
10special-fotitos(special rating for over-the-top-I'll-never-get-over-this book) =
I cried for things I didn't know possible I was capable of.
 


Comments

  1. Ah, thank you so much for such an awesome review, Alba! I'm really happy you enjoyed Smokeless Fire :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. T_______________T
    I loved it! Thanks so much to YOU for writing it AND stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I looove comments guys, LOOOONG awesome fun comments ;)
BUT don't ever be mean, disrespectful with neither authors, me, or each other ;)
That said...I do appreciate awards but I don't have the time to answer and do what I have to do to accept and pass on said award but THANK YOU SO MUCH for thinking of me that means TONS