Blogoversary Question-Attack- With Kristina @Kristina's World of Books

Another day of celebrating.
And...well I think you know by now how I love making the same questions to different people...this is no exception. 
I'm a stalker of the person whose interview you're about to read...but mostly...I'm a stalker of her photographs.
I participate on her meme -Bookography-
When I first started the blog I did a feature that was called BookPic of the week, in which I shared any of the pictures I took and related it or quoted it with some of my favorite books...but then I found Kristina's feature :D and well...decided to support her and stopped doing mine :D someday along the way...I'll start a feature of my own...but for now I leave you with;
Kristina from Kristina's World of Books






1. Can you tell us a bit about you?-Besides being amazing at taking pictures?!-
Well like most bloggers I have a bit of a book addiction that is getting out of control and I love it! I one day want to have a huge library filled with floor to ceiling books, but for that to happen I need a new house, so this goals is in the making. I also LOVE to attending book signings, I have even gotten books to attend the signing and eventually read the book, a little backwards I know, but I couldn't miss the opportunity to meet more authors. I live in the wonderful rainy Washington state, no, there are no sparkly vampires (that I know of), but I do like to tease my husband and tell him I see the sparkles on his skin since he is weird and hate bright sunny days. I'm currently practicing improving my photography as a hobby/photo enthusiast, I haven't decided it I want to make a career out of it or not. A few personal tidbits, I am married have been for almost 3 years now, but we have been together for 7. We got married in soccer shoes with soccer balls lining the aisle. We meet playing soccer so it was only fair that soccer should be a part of our wedding. We have a dog named Roxy, she is a red and white Pembroke Welsh Corgi. I have 2 younger sisters named Daniela and Audriana, a real mouth full our names are when strung together, we are sometimes called the A sisters since our name end with a. I enjoy it when books, movies or shows have 3 sisters as the main characters, the power of sisterhood!


2. What do you think are your strongest and weakest points at being a blogger?
Strongest: Trying not to let blogging stress me out and take over my life.

Weakest: I'm not big on being on all the social sites all the time. I would like to promote a FB page, be on twitter more but I don't want it to take away from my life or reading.


3. What was your favorite book as a kid?
I actually wasn't a big reader when I was a kid, the books I remember the most were Santa Paws, a Unicorn parallel universe book (can't remember the title) and a Nancy Drew book the Mysterious Ranch one

4. What's your favorite genre to read, why?
All things fantasy. I like to say, "I live in the real world, why would I want to read about it!" Occasionally I'll read a YA contemporary, but not often. Put a little fantasy twist in my books and I'm a happy camper. I love everything from adult UF, PR, Sci-fi Fantasy to YA. I do like to mix my adult and YA reads, since I'm not a teen anymore I do like to be able to connect with my characters and the adult genre has better kick ass female characters.

5. Tell us your top 5 -I know this is a hard one so you can always add extras- authors and which book of theirs you like the most?
I'll break this up with my favorite adult and YA books
Adult
Kushiel's Legacy trilogies by Jacqueline Carey (high fantasy) I own everything by Carey and she has her own shelf and it is all signed by her as well.
Mercy Thompson series by Patricia Briggs (UF) all of these are signed as well
Everything by Kendra Leigh Castle (PR) She has a finished trilogy, a single novel and a current series she is working on now
Goddess Summoning series by PC Cast (PR) my favorites in this series are Goddess of Spring, Rose and Legend, but I do like them all
Kate Daniels and the Edge Series by Ilona Andrews books as well, another awesome series with a kick ass female characters

YA now this one is really hard, there are so many different YA books that I love
Wondrous Strange Trilogy by Lesley Livingston
Violet Eyes and Silver Eyes by Nicole Luiken
Starcrossed Trilogy by Josephine Angelini (can't wait for the final book)
Die For Me Trilogy by Amy Plum (another can't wait for the final book)
Fateful by Claudia Grey
Cinder by Marissa Meyer
I hate picking my favorites for the YA genre, it is so hard and there are so many AMAZING books being published every month.


6. What's your favorite quote?
I don't have a favorite book quote, but I do have a favorite poem quote "I love you not only for who you are but for what I am when I am with you" by Elizabeth Barrett Browning

7. What was your favorite past time as a kid, is it the same now? ~LOL~
Playing in the woods with sisters, friends, cousins

8. If the Earth suddenly became uninhabitable, would you rather live under the sea or in space?
Neither sounds fun. I'm not a swimmer nor do I like the thought of being in an enclosed space

9. Any pet peeves you'd be willing to share with us?
Non book related, I hate when people call me a masseuse, I have paid a lot of money in schooling and licensing to have the title licensed massage practitioner but for short call us massage therapists. Masseuse is so dirty sounding and can be associated with providing "extra" or "special" massage. NO THANK YOU! Oh yeah I work as a massage therapist and I have been in this field for 5 years. It is hard work and very physically demanding but I love helping people with their pains.

10. If you could live in any period of time other than the present, which would it be & why?
Ugh, Hollywood has beautified the past and polished the filth, grim and disease that was a huge problem. Also females have always been suppressed and that doesn't seem too appealing either. I have no idea what other time period I would live in.

11. Favorite Music?
I don't listen to a lot of music, whenever I'm in the car I'm listening to an audio book. Currently though I have been listening to a lot of Within Temptation, their music is amazing!

12. What's the funniest thing a follower has ever asked you? ~LOL~
I got nothing, lame I know :(

13. Any secret obsession that you'd like to convert to non-secret?
I have 2 extra copies hardback copies of Kushiel's Dart and 3 extra HB copies of Kushiel's Chosen. It took me over a year to find 2 sets of the 1st 2 books in the trilogy for my cousin and I in hardback, so now whenever I find them used I keep buying them. I had to walk away from a 4th copy of Chosen. I have no idea what I am going to do with them, I would like to give them away to someone I know who LOVES the series, but at the same time I don't want to part with them. For now I'm just hording and loving them, wow I feel like Golem "my preciouses"

14. If you could be any female character of any book, which one would it be and why?
Mercy Thompson hands down! She freaking rocks, she is who I always compare my female characters to her. I love that she it technically weaker then the werewolves she was raised with, but she hasn't let the stop her and she has learned how to fight and use her strengths to her benefit.

15. What's your current read & what's next on the pile for you? :)
Currently reading Night Veil by Yasmine Galenorn my next reads will be Immortal Rules, Under the Never Sky and Struck
Update: Currently Reading The Immortal Rules, TBR Pile: The Last Echo, Under the Never Sky and Struck


Now with the quicker than quickest ones hehe <--- Does that even make sense?

-Ocean or Forest
Forest, I love trees

-Tea or Coffee
Tea for sure. I worked for a coffee stand for 3 years and never developed a taste for it

-Sweet or Salty
SWEETS! Chocolate is my 2nd lover

-Original or Remake
Depends, if I have seen the original it would be original, but if I haven't seen original then I will like the remake more



-Drama or Comedy
Neither those are my least favorite, Action/Adventure/Fantasy

- Summer, Spring, Autumn or Winter
Spring I love all the bright new fresh green

-Skittles or M&M's
M&M's, not a fan of skittles

-Read With music or Without
Without, but if it is on I tune it out

-Early Riser or Night Owl
Early Riser, the husband is a night owl

-Describe yourself in 3 words!
Trusting, Dependable, Sane



Thank you so very much Kristina!!!
I love how all you guys have such different answers to the very same questions hehehe :D
Also, thanks for the picture~winkwink~I'll treasure it :D forever.


Places to stalk Kristina
Blog
Twitter


Reminder
If you want, go ahead and drop by the Blogoversary Post and enter the giveaways. 

Comments

  1. Interesting, we are very much alike Kristina. Except for the tea and sweets...I'm the opposite. But I love forest and I could never be under the ocean or in an enclosed space *shivers* that's all I could think about while reading Across the Universe.

    I'm so jealous of all the signing events you attend. I'm always drooling on your blog.

    "I live in the real world, why would I want to read about it!" Totally agree!! But I like my YA contemporary because is so not like real life anyway haha.

    Nice interview!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again Alba for asking me to do my 1st interview it was awesome! <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I looove comments guys, LOOOONG awesome fun comments ;)
BUT don't ever be mean, disrespectful with neither authors, me, or each other ;)
That said...I do appreciate awards but I don't have the time to answer and do what I have to do to accept and pass on said award but THANK YOU SO MUCH for thinking of me that means TONS