My Reading Pile #11 The Fiktshun Influence Edition

My Reading Pile #11 

My reading pile is an idea created by Fiktshun in which you share what your reads for the week are or well the wishful reads-rereads-rerereads and well you get the hint. Check her blog out, I've self-declared myself her #1 Stalker/Follower.

MRP progress & status:
-Yey for me! For sticking with last week's reading pile!
I've read 'But I Love Him' by Amanda Grace and you can now check out my review->HERE It was a somewhat intense read that gave me a little insight of a real life problem such as an abusive partner...and I'm almost done with 'Die For Me' by Amy Plum. I have to admit that even though I had been dying to read the latter it always threw me off the fact that it was set in France, specifically in Paris. While lots of girls dream and wish upon stars to go to the city of light... Me? Nope, never. I'm not a great fan of it...I was always wishing a little bit more on the North side of things---thinking England---but wow! I'm sure being impressed and maybe even a little part of me is taking a liking for Paris...who knows...hehehe. But the story is being, so far, really good :D
On A Side Note
My eyes have been a little sick, meaning I've been sleeping too little and keeping them open too much time. They're seeing blurry a lot, specially after reading for a certain period of time either on my computer or on my tab, so I decided to stay away from eBooks for a while...
Anyway.

Netgalley Pile Adds:
-I started a NG ban this tuesday, so you won't be seeing any more additions to my review books...hopefully.

This Week I'll Be Reading:

-Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris ~Sookie Stackhouse #1~

I'm giving this series a try thanks to Rachel from Fiktshun After Dark. Apparently she really LOVES the books and since she has such an influence in what books I buy or pin for, of COURSE I had to give in! Thankfully the local bookstore spared me the sadness of not having it and actually brought it so~hugs my bookstore~ hehehe.

Next up is.

-Lockdown by Alexander Gordon Smith ~Escape From Furnace #1~

This is yet, another book I've been dying to read thanks to Rachel from Fiktshun she is completely TRAUMATIZED and it was hard not to get all hyped with her bragging and writing so many amazing yet creepy things from the books!
I've owned this book for quite a while now, it was a gift from a really amazing friend but I had put it on hold because I didn't own the next book, but now???
OMG! Just wait till tomorrow's 'Stacking The Shelves' post! You'll see how happy I am!
NAT!!! I wouldn't be able to even say this is on my reading pile if it weren't for you. My thankfulness and appreciation has no limits, thank you so much for the books! 

I think that's it for me. I might be reading the sequel to either of these books if I read fast enough and love them as much as a certain person does. But for now I'll post only these 2.
As for my Divergent review...I'm still struggling but I think I'll have it up by monday, so wish me luck!
Until next time...

What are YOU guys reading this week?

Comments

  1. Enjoy both!! I really like the Charlaine Harris books, Im team Eric!! Lockdown is awesome, so dark and creepy and you will love the books :) Your are so welcome <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Nat
    T_T You're a book angel...enough said.
    oooh! We've got teams uh?? We'll see which I'll be choosing :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh I love the Sookie series! BUT, the last 2-3 books have been meh. And apparently the one that just came out is aweful haha. SO enjoy em while they're awesome! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for Sookie! I <3 ERIC!

    I also can only read one book at a time on my Nook then go back to print for awhile because my eyes will hurt and I will get a migraine. I also turn the light down so it doesn't bother my eyes. I rarely use it and if I do it's very low.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love the books on your pile this week Alba. I agree with Giselle that the Sookie books get a bit tired after book nine. I loved that book, it absolutely killed me and then it's just been frustrating.

    I am excited to hear what you think about Lockdown. I don't imagine that it will be a difficult review to write. :) Am so sorry you're struggling with the review for Divergent though I know how tough that series can be to organize your thoughts. Love it or hate it, it is tough! Good luck to you. :)

    Rest. Your. Eyes. Stay. Away. From. The. Computer!

    Happy reading Alba!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Giselle
    :D Argh! Really? I hate when that happens XD I'll try to enjoy as much as my eyes and mind let me then hehe.

    @Lady Reader
    ooh another Eric lover hahaha I'm seeing a pattern here!
    O_O ~high fives~ I've always favored printed books over eBooks but since lately there are tons of amazing books coming out just in eBook format... hehehe
    I do that also with the light XD
    I really think I just need glasses but refuse to go to the doc.

    @Fiktshun
    hehehe see? This is the reason why I need to stop stalking you so much X_X well I'll just try to forget the fact that later on the series gets a bit tiresome :D

    I am BEYOND excited! I'm imagining all kinds of creepy things!!! I think I might even have nightmares!!!!
    T_T Divergent has beenon my mind...even when reading the other books this week...I'm really really trying. Thanks!

    I.Am.Trying.But.Can't.Help.My.Self.
    lol :D the master has spoken it's only reasonable that I obey X_X you're going all Luke on me -____-

    Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I looove comments guys, LOOOONG awesome fun comments ;)
BUT don't ever be mean, disrespectful with neither authors, me, or each other ;)
That said...I do appreciate awards but I don't have the time to answer and do what I have to do to accept and pass on said award but THANK YOU SO MUCH for thinking of me that means TONS