-my reading thoughts- Divergent by Veronica Roth


Have you ever been hyped so bad about a book...wait for it more than seemed possible and then devour it in less than 2 days...only to be left feeling...weird?

That's how it was and still is for me and my reading of Divergent.
I was trying so hard to get it and when I finally did I waited almost a month to open it and start reading...
I devoured every single page...but at the end... When I sat down to try and rearrange my thoughts into some kind of review, it just did't came.

I loved the book but hated the book...
Getting it?
Yeap, me neither.

So let me just tell you, briefly, my thoughts.

Everyone grows up wanting to fit in, wondering what someone will do when adult... This world that Veronica created takes that away from you but even more.
The factions... the divisions, the families, everything sounded so creepy yet it kind of held some kind of truth in between them.
And I really would like to just go on and on about the amazing writing, the completely lovable-and hate-able-characters, the really creepy Erudite faction, my love for the Abnegation faction, my wariness for the Candors, my almost zero knowledge of Amity, and my complete irrational attraction to the Dauntless.

See? I'm a complete mess of feelings and so far, after 2 weeks of reading the book it still doesn't feel like I'll be normal again.

But I think that instead of trying to come up with a good enough review I'll just tell you this;
I loved Tris, 'am wary of Tobias, I hated a lot of the fate some of the characters got, I'm completely scared of SOMEONE, I cried like there was no tomorrow in a really special and touching scene and another time in a really special, touching yet awful one.
OHH!! I still believe that Erudite= Reading = Is Sexy ~winkwink~

Once again, I found myself presented with one of my weaknesses... The tittle of the book is IN the book. Actually the whole book revolves around it... so O_O My respects to Veronica Roth!

I know, again, where are the passages or quotes I share in between my reviews?
But since this really is NO review at all I just thought it'd be better to just post them at the end so you can decide whether or not you want to read them.
Here they are...

"He acts so tough that he's probably afraid of marshmallows and really bright sunrises or something."


-We are not the same. But we are, somehow, one.-


-I feel like I'm swallowing my heartbeat.-


-Something about him makes me feel like I am about to fall. Or turn to liquid. Or burst int flames.-


-The phrase "do whatever you like" sticks in my mind. At home, I could never do what I wanted... I had to think of other people's needs first. I don't even know what I like to do.-


-His eyes are so deep-set that his eyelashes touch the skin under his eyebrows, and they are dark blue, a dreaming, sleeping, waiting color.-
I know I fell hard for a certain person right then and there... specially after...
~winkwink~ I'm SUCH a teaser :D

Well, those were some of my favorite passages :D Hope you enjoy and decide to read Divergent.
I can guarantee it's a really out-of-this-world kind of read.

I give this book
5fotitos=~sobs hard~too good to be true!

Comments

  1. Nice review :)
    Love the first para I know exactly how you feel about the hype!!


    Krazyyme @ Young Readers

    ReplyDelete
  2. OhMyGosh!!! You totally need to read Insurgent LIKE RIGHT NOW! It is AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Krazyyme
    Thank you! I know right?

    @Mindy
    haha so I've heard! hehehe

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I looove comments guys, LOOOONG awesome fun comments ;)
BUT don't ever be mean, disrespectful with neither authors, me, or each other ;)
That said...I do appreciate awards but I don't have the time to answer and do what I have to do to accept and pass on said award but THANK YOU SO MUCH for thinking of me that means TONS