-Review- Dare You To by Katie McGarry

Goodreads Shortie:
... What begins as a dare becomes an intense attraction neither Ryan nor Beth expected. Suddenly, the boy with the flawless image risks his dreams-and his life-for the girl he loves, and the girl who won't let anyone get too close is daring herself to want it all....

My Thoughts

What an amazing and incredible read this was.

Not falling into the mediocre-sequel syndrome, it has everything that the first book lacked but so much more.

After I finished reading Pushing The Limits, I was left with a bad taste in my mouth and a really big question mark in my head,
Seriously? THAT was what EVERYONE was talking about? What everyone was going crazy over? What everyone seemed so obsessed with? Noah and the story of a girl and how they fell in love?



Nope, I was not impressed. Sure I liked the story, it was good, cliche'd but good. I never stopped reading it, which was kind of good because the book costed me a fortune to get here.

But yes, I was wary... Because everyone loved it and fell head over heels for PTL and here I was, a loner thinking, it could have been SO MUCH BETTER!!!!

But, wait a second. I think author Katie McGarry, has some sort of mind reading power... Because, Dare You To, the sequel, the companion, whatever you want to call it. Definitely put an end to my rant and frustration of how lacking I found PTL...

"I don't want to make bad choices anymore." -- "And I sort of think that any choice is bad because I'm making it..."

Dare You To is EVERYTHING that Pushing The Limits could never be.

I loved it.

I simply and utterly, loved loved loved every single letter, word, sentence, paragraph, chapter... Every feeling, every page turned, every tear shed, every stolen smile... EVERYTHING was perfect.

I can't even begin to describe to you what this book put me through... I've been struggling for the last 2 almost 3 weeks to get just the right review and still, I know this won't do the book justice.

The story, so fresh and yet still predictable was amazingly crafted and oh so beautiful to read.

Ryan was to DIE for and incredibly relatable. Plus, him being so sexy didn't help my poor heart at all.
The things he's currently going through, with his dad, his mom, his brother, his family... Make him not just a good character but a real one at that.

All the decisions he has to make, at that age, seem exactly like that, huge and difficult, specially when you're torn between 2 things you enjoy AND are good at. Plus, he's not afraid to show his vulnerable side. EVERYONE has one, even guys -_-

His fingers slowly trail down my arm, over my sling and he rests his fingertips against mine. A warmth unfurls within me, starting in my heart and flowing through my bloodstream. It creates a weird sensation of chains unlocking and breaking free. It's almost as if I'm floating.

And Beth, oh Beth.
I have to admit, at the beginning I thought I wasn't going to like it because I was rooting for Team... Well, let us just say I was NOT such a huge fan of TeamRyan... BUT, worry not. After a couple of things here and others there. I found out not only that Ryan was THE boy but also how love can so easily be mistaken for something else... And that's what happened with Beth's best friend of whom, THANKS TO ALL THE ANGELS IN THE CLOUDS, we'll be getting more of in the next Pushing The Limits installment.

Beth, her life as hard as it is, manages to bring to life what most of us would really feel if we were in her situation.

And after all her struggles and sacrifices she discovers what we all know but sometimes are late to remember.
You simply cannot save someone who doesn't want to be saved. It IS that simple. But when it comes to family, you cannot give up that easily, you cannot seem to be strong enough to leave them to their own devices even when the person falling, the person in trouble, the person who needs saving is the one who shall be saving you, picking you up and helping you with every silly teenage trouble there is to help with.

When they meet, oh and they get MEET to a whole new level alright, it's amazing. I SAW SPARKS. I felt the butterflies that Beth missed that very first time... Or was it...¿?

"If you stay, it'll kill you. Maybe not physically, but you'll die on the inside. If you don't want me, I'll give you your space, but you have built so much more in Groveton besides me. Give up on us if you need to, but don't give up on you."

I love that all characters have their own story to tell and their own part with which they affect and change Beth and Ryan's road, either by being the ones putting the rocks and bumps on the road or being the ones who take them away to make things easier for them.

In the end. Dare You To is a compelling and complex read. That'll crush your heart, open your eyes, and change your mind about a lot of things or if not, at least make you think. And think a lot. Trust is something we all crave just as much as love, even when we don't realize it. And the more we trust the more real we are with ourselves and with anyone it is that we're trusting.
Taking on a dare has never been more exciting, thrilling or sexy. Ever.

Don't trust me?
-wink wink- I dare you to read this book... DARE YOU TO.

My Weaknesses?
Tittle fits the book? Tittle in the book? Tittle is perfect? CHECK
Book Cover fits the story? Book Cover relates to the story? CHECK
Results? PERFECTION!

Thanks so much to author Katie McGarry for writing such an amazing novel. It will forever be in my heart as the one sequel that shut my mouth up about a lot of things and made me cry with how beautiful and happy and dark and sad it was.

Thank you.

I give this book,

10special-fotitos(special rating for over-the-top-I'll-never-get-over-this book) =
I cried for things I didn't know possible I was capable of.

Find the book,
Goodreads
Amazon
Book Depository


-review based on an ARC provided by publisher via Netgalley-

Comments