-Review- Slammed by Colleen Hoover

Goodreads Shortie:

Following the unexpected death of her father, 18-year-old Layken is forced to be the rock for both her mother and younger brother. Outwardly, she appears resilient and tenacious, but inwardly, she's losing hope.

My thoughts 


If I could write pretty things... With pretty words... With pretty grammar... With pretty spelling... With pretty thoughts... With pretty smiles... With pretty tears... With pretty sads... With pretty happys... With pretty everything...
I would.
For this book... For the autor of this book. For the characters in this book and for all the people who made it possible.

When I started this book I never thought I would like it as much as I did. I focused solely on the fact that a favorite author of mine recommended it and that was it.

But now. My life has been, once again, turned, moved, affected, changed, rocked, shaked by the power of words.

I can't possibly comprehend at this moment what it must be like to actually have a broken heart. If it hurts even one percent more than the pain I'm feeling now, I'll forgo love. It's not worth it.

I cannot begin to thank author Tammara Webber enough for recommending this book to me nor can I express my thanks and awe to author Colleen Hoover for putting into words and paper -in my case, digitally- the complete piece of art that this book is, was and forever will be.

If I could write exactly and precisely the effect Lake, Julia, Will, Kel, Caulder, Eddie, Gaving and even Javi had in me... You wouldn't believe it.

There are so many aspects to the whole story that I could relate to, aspects to the characters... I wanted to be them but I didn't.
I wanted to cheer for them but then I wanted to shake them. I wanted to cry with them and then I just wanted to cry for them. Do NOT WORRY I so did cry, I am still crying while I write this... I cannot put into words anything and that is the why of my review...

I have been rendered speechless and I couldn't be more happy.

Life is life, death is death, a day is just that, another day... But what happens in between those things is what makes every little thing count. Every single thing.

"... I don't want you to wait for me, Layken."

And when I grow old I hope to apply each and every little thing that a mother of a fictional character taught me by writing a letter to her fictional children.

And tomorrow, when I read this review and see that I have yet to mention the plot, the love story, the sad part, the happy part and the slammed part of the book, I won't regret it.

Nope, I won't.

Because this review is the ballance of head and heart and whoever reads it needs to have an open mind, I mean as a certain Julia once said, if she or he doesn't have that open mind, then how could them expect to let ANYTHING in?

I can only assure you that the Alba that started reading Slammed is definitelly NOT the same Alba that finished it.

...One million
Fifty-one thousand
And
Two Hundred 
Minutes...
One million fifty-one thousand and two hundred times.
It's how many times you've made me smile,
How many times you've made me dream,
How many times you've made me believe...

I give it BookPics special rating,
10/5

10special-fotitos(special rating for over-the-top-I'll-never-get-over-this book) =
I cried for things I didn't know possible I was capable of.

Get the book now ;)

Review based on galley sent from publisher/author via Netgalley


My reviews are never te best ones, nor are they the ones that are the most noticed, not even the ones that most people read or look forward to.
BUT.
They are mine. And my thoughts, and my feelings and what I experience throughout my reading the book I am reviewing.

So to whoever reads this. I hope with all my being that you give this book a chance.




Comments