-Review- With All My Soul by Rachel Vincent

Goodreads Shortie:
What does it mean when your school is voted the most dangerous in America? It's time to kick some hellion butt...

My Thoughts?

I have to say, being me and feeling all the things I feel while reading a book.

I have never EVER, in all my years as a reader, gone through something as powerful and as traumatic and as amazing as what I went through while reading With All My Soul.

I take my shoes and hat off for author Rachel Vincent, who not only managed to keep me hooked in a series 7 books long but also made me forget all about the really scary sequel syndrome, the awful thing of having to give up on a series... And all the other bad things that might happen when reading a series.

She not only made me forget but believe.

To this day I have yet to read a book of hers (YA, since I've yet to read all of her adultPR ones) that hasn't left me speechless, breathless and begging for more.

And with this last book came not only that awesome feeling of having read another Rachel Vincent book but also the awful and painful thoughts of knowing this is the last time I'm visiting Kay's and Nash's and Tod's world. This is the last time I'll scream at Avari or cry for a friend as Emma, this is the very last time I'm rooting for Sabine to win her sarcasm battle with Sophie. This is the last time I'm going to be brooding over the fact that I don't have a Styx waiting for me at home. Or Harmony's brownings to eat after lunch.

"Your wrath is graceful. Has anyone ever told you that?"

This book was a bittersweet read for me and one I had to challenge myself to read, because if not, I would still be putting it off.

How she wrote this masterpiece is beyond me and my comprehension.

This book has it all, action and peacefulness, love and hatred, battles and wars, wins and loses, dangers and safety nets.
Everything!

I am hell's phoenix, forever bursting into flames only to be resurrected again in the next heartbeat so we can dance this excruciating dance all over again.

And when the school you're reading about is voted/declared/referred to as the most dangerous in America? Something like that is bound to happen right?

I won't get much into all that happens in the book because that would completely kill the point but know this.

Sometimes we think we're doing things because we think they're the RIGHT things, the GOOD things to do, the RATIONAL and LOGICAL action to take. And sometimes that might be true.
But there are other times, when you've got to take a better, a closer, a much more closer than closer look... And what you find there might not be a good or a right or a rational, not even a logical explanation but only;
Revenge, revenge and anger.

Greed is a cold emotion; wrath is white-hot. Stuck between them, I felt like an icicle on fire.

Don't be fooled or blinded by your own sense of honor or good. You never know how close to the edge you are until you fall. And then... It'd be too late. Wouldn't it?

Hellions, Reapers, Undead, Dead, Nash, Tod and Emma, Bean-Sidhes... Everything and Anything you can think of that a book needs, this book has.

Hope you take the chance and read this series. I know I will be rereading it long after this post goes live and even more after that.

"I remember the exact moment you took a piece of my soul. I felt it."

An all-exncompasing ending to a really fresh series in the YA reader community. You've never read a book like this one, let alone a series. You won't be disappointed.

Side Note:
I want to thank so much author Rachel Vincent for giving life to the characters that were with me long before I became a blogger and with whom and for whom I've shed happy and sad tears.
I never was the same after I read that first book and I certainly will never EVER be the same after finishing this book.
Thanks for writing this series, thanks for writing this book.
Thanks for NASH and for Tod and for Harmony!! But above all else, thanks for writing.
There isn't a single doubt in my mind that you are a completely gifted and talented writer, one that can instantly make me leave this earth and enter the realm where reality and fantasy mix and live things that I wouldn't normally live and root for guys I would never really root for.
Thanks also because each and every book taught me something and I will forever carry the Soul Screamers series in my heart and in my mind for as long as I live.

Thank you thank you thank you!

Kay, Tod, Nash... Our eternity starts now.


-hugs-

I give this book
10special-fotitos(special rating for over-the-top-I'll-never-get-over-this book) =

I cried for things I didn't know possible I was capable of.


Get the book!

Comments