-BookPics Recommends- Contemporary #1


I'll be trying to post these kinds of posts at least once a week. 
Every week I'll try to spice things up a bit by recommending you different kinds of genres from different books and obviously different authors.
The day I post it will be all about an specific genre and then an specific book or series from just one author so that I can have more authors to recommend later on when I go back to that genre :D

Beware though, it's hard for me to read recently published books so my recommendations might not be the most up to date ones but they will certainly be from all the books I've read :D

I haven't read THAT many but still I've got a few that I fell head-over-heels in love with and cannot get enough of them, never.

So here it goes.

To start...

Contemporary!

What better way to do this than by recommending you the first YA contemporary book I ever read!


If I Stay by Gayle Forman

***

Just listen, Adam says with a voice that sounds like shrapnel.

I open my eyes wide now.
I sit up as much as I can.
And I listen.

Stay, he says.

Choices. Seventeen-year-old Mia is faced with some tough ones: Stay true to her first love—music—even if it means losing her boyfriend and leaving her family and friends behind?

Then one February morning Mia goes for a drive with her family, and in an instant, everything changes. Suddenly, all the choices are gone, except one. And it's the only one that matters.

If I Stay is a heartachingly beautiful book about the power of love, the true meaning of family, and the choices we all make.

***


Get the book!

This was the very first contemporary read I ever picked up and since I rarely ever read book descriptions I seriously didn't know what I was getting myself into.

Of course, the joke was on me. This book was so many things to me and one of those things was... Help.
I was going through a really rough time back when I read it a few years ago and the book not only saved me from an awful path but changed, moved, and made me into, if not a complete different person, at least it made me stop, look around me and think.
And think I did! 
I realized how thankful I had to be for everything that I had/have.
That not everyone gets a second chance and those of us who got/get not just one but a hundred other chances still can make it.
It's never too late.
Never take love for granted.
Life's too short.
You are strong enough to do what you set your mind and heart to.
Love is the most powerful of weapons.
Family is fights, selflessness, home, laughs, tears and more all in one package.
You're not alone.
If you stay, you make history.

Here's a very very Rookie Review of the book from back then, I hadn't even started blogging when I read it so the review is kind of short and all around the place but still :P

Give it a try.
The author's writing is amazing, flows really well with the story and the characters are so relatable, so believable and heartbreakingly awesome.
I cried and smiled and cried and laughed.
It was the perfect summer read for me.
Hope it gets to your heart and stays there as it did in mine.

Also, this is a duet so there are 2 books.
The sequel of this one is called Where She Went and even though I loved that one too, If I Stay was the one that changed my life, I was only grateful to have that kind of closure to the story when we got to read the sequel :D


Where She Went by Gayle Forman
Get the book!


***



Give it(them) a try,
Happy reading!

PS:
I CANNOT WAIT FOR THE MOVIE ADAPTATION OF If I Stay!!!!!
AHHH!!



Comments

  1. Gaaah I want to read this book so badly!!!!!!!!!! You have no idea T___T boo, especially because of the upcoming movie and all the spoilers to come, I want to read before that *sniff*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and I adore *this* cover not the other ones. The purple-ish one or the others lol Is just so blue...and pretty *-*

      Delete
    2. I really hope you get to read this book before the movie, I have no idea when or IF we're going to get it in our countries, at least IDK in mine, I've been gone for 3 months now... :/
      Anyway, *^* What other covers???

      Thanks for dropping by :)

      Delete
    3. Hardly. I'll have to avoid the movie and all the spoilers like the plague. =/

      The cover that is like this one but purple. No, no. And the hardcover I think...without the girl...again, no, no LOL

      Delete

Post a Comment

I looove comments guys, LOOOONG awesome fun comments ;)
BUT don't ever be mean, disrespectful with neither authors, me, or each other ;)
That said...I do appreciate awards but I don't have the time to answer and do what I have to do to accept and pass on said award but THANK YOU SO MUCH for thinking of me that means TONS