-review- The Gathering Dark (Shadow & Bone) by Leigh Bardugo



A moment later the boy whispered, "I don't think you're ugly." "Shhhh!" the girl hissed. But hidden by the deep shadows of the cupboard, she smiled.


Two absolutely awesome books in a row, first ACOTAR and now this one.

Surely, my life is on the right path lol.

I had forgotten how amazingly creative most of YA books are.
I first started this book a year ago or so, but I thought it was some kind of history/set in the past-book that would be incredibly hard to read... well it wasn't and it was just too easy.

Leigh Bardugo's (name love) word art had the power to completely transport me to another world in a matter of seconds.
I stopped being on my living room's couch drinking some lukewarm water and instead I was sailing through the Fold or I was in a really hot place watching Alina try to practice and draw her power to no avail, or I was freezing beside Mal when he took first watch after tracking Alina down.

I loved Alina's voice and how she grew as a character throughout the whole book.
Really admired the Darkling's "dedication" and mystery.

But above all I just really loved the story.

It was fun, unpredictable, curious, exciting, sad, cruel, happy and bittersweet that I wish there were just one word to describe it. Sorry, this is the best I could do.

Now I need to get the other 2.
Thanks very much.

5/5

Comments