-review- Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas


"My name is Celaena Sardothien. But it makes no difference if my name's Celaena or Lillian or Bitch, because I'd still beat you, no matter what you call me."



So...

I think I made a terrible mistake by making this my second book read by this author after her ACOTAR book.

I liked this book. I did.
I like the story. The tinge of sass it had, the world it made me go to, the way the characters developed at exactly the right pace.
Not becoming too wise too suddenly or too good too slow.
I enjoyed that but also... I couldn't really enjoy it thoroughly and that's really on me and my personal taste because I'm a sucker for first-person POV as opposed to any others, doesn't matter the tense of it as long as it's 1st person. Alas, this wasn't so it took me two days exactly to really get into the book, two days and maybe 10 chapters, give or take, at one moment I even thought I would just have to give up.

I'm so glad I didn't.

True to form the pronunciation of some of the characters' names was listed at the very end leaving me and my imagination to come up with all sorts of ways to say the names in my mind hahaha.

An Assassin a Prince a Princess a Captain a long-dead Queen a really really nasty King and No Magic.

A competition, lots of dead bodies, lots of unanswered questions, lots of greed and greed and greed.
But in between there was also fighting and blood and kisses and food and a puppy.

What's not to like?

I hope I can read the next one soon!


"Second place is a nice title for the first loser."



4/5

Comments