-review- Strange The Dreamer by Laini Taylor


"She watched the squares of sunlight that her windows threw on the floor. They ought to have moved with the angle of the sun, but she was sure they were frozen in place. Of course today would be the day the sun got stuck in the sky. The gears of the heavens had gotten gummed up, and now it would be daytime forever."


Wow you guys!
WOW!

Isn't it a dream come true?
To be alive while Laini Taylor is and even more so that she's writing this in my time?Thank you God for this amazing thing. T.T

I started this book really worried because I thought nothing could ever live up to Daughter of Smoke & Bone and all the things that said trilogy made me feel.
I'm glad I was wrong.

This book has Laini Taylor written all over it-from the astonishing and delicious writing to the incredible and epic world-building, from the names that sound perfect for the characters in the story to the adventure and magic it made me get lost in.

"There was a kind of euphoria, he had discovered, in nearly dying and then not."


This book is, simply put, one of the most amazing books I've read this year. Instant favorite, it had everything I could ask of Taylor's writing but even more.
Lazlo was a pleasure of a voice and mind to read. He was all my fears and yearnings brought to life. His passion and dedication, something to admire and his determination and love something to dream of.
Sarai was... what can I tell you? She was a goddess, of dreams and fears and nightmares and mercy and forgiveness. She was beautiful and her mind was so very very innocent. I loved reading from her POV as well.

All the other characters and places... from Weep to Thyon, from the citadel to Drave and from the monastery(was it a monastery? Lol) to Sparrow and all the ugliness and suffering in between. All the fear the godspawn represented and all the hope and wonder that all those who made the march through that unforgivable desert sparked.
It was all so incredible! So absolutely refreshing and new yet the feeling of reading something that felt like coming home because of how much I love the author's writing style made for an unforgivable ride.

And that killer ending that has me all kinds of messed up and asking for the sequel to be released yesterday already!
If only I could visit Ms. Taylor's dream and make try to publish the sequel tomorrow!
But for now I'll settle for writing my thoughts on this book here and hope that more and more people read it and share the love I have for it with me!

"We'll chase them away, or else turn them into fireflies and catch them in jars."


10/5 special rating


10(special rating for over-the-top-I'll-never-get-over-this book) =

I cried for things I didn't know possible I was capable of.

Comments