-review- The Cruel Prince by Holly Black


"If I cannot be better than them, I will become so much worse."


What an amazing journey!
What a treat!

I am positively sure this is one of my favorite books of the year.

It was so cruel and wicked and somewhat sexy and intense.

Filled with lies and pixies and kings and princes and princesses and mortals and faerie lands, is no wonder I was thoroughly entertained.

I wasn’t an instant fan of our leading girl Jude though I tried I am still on the fence but isn’t it an amazing thing to consider this book a favorite while not liking the main character that much? Such a feat has never been executed by any author I’ve ever read before hehe.

"Only idiots aren't scared of things that are scary."


And so many things to say about the ‘somewhat’ male lead!!!! He is such a charmer...NOT.
BUT that makes him all the more real and unreal, see, this is FANTASY people and he’s supposed to be cruel. I mean for clouds’ sakes!!! The title of the book pretty much warns you.

I also wasn’t an instant fan of our royal cruelness and thank God for that hahaha but I am a fan now. He’s so deliciously wicked and broken, young and cruel, lonely but never alone.

And may I just say how the rest of the characters were just perfect? Their parts to play, the games, the lies, the fights, the courting, the tears, the smiles, the secrets, the untruths...
Viv and Locke and Tarynnnnnnn!!! Ask me about a character I despised! Please do! And I assure you it won’t be Valerian but Jude’s identical twin sister?!
Don’t even get me started lol.

I loved to hate her.

Madoc’s blood-filled mind, his thirst for it. Just wow.

The kingdom. The seelie, useelie, the courts, the humans. Just so much going on and I ate it all up and was left wanting more!

"I like for things to happen, for stories to unfold. And if I can't find a good enough story, I make one."


I can’t wait to read the next book because the ending while somehow expected was still a perfect and  unforgettable one.


10(special rating for over-the-top-I'll-never-get-over-this book) =
I cried for things I didn't know possible I was capable of.

Comments